Saturday, February 2, 2008

Newfoundlands and Children

Newfoundland dogs love children just as much as children love Newfoundland dogs. Known as the natural 'Nanny" for children as portrayed by Nana the Newfoundland in the play "Peter Pan", children do not hesitate to give the dogs a big hug without fear of nipping or growling, and the dogs are always willing to be hugged and loved like a giant teddy bear. With a relaxed and social temperament, the Newfoundland is approachable because of his handsomeness and sweetness and desire to be a part of the group. Newfoundlands approach children with a warm and open heart, and this is why they are so successful as lifeguards, nannys, therapy dogs, and family pets. The Newfoundland speaks to the inner child in all of us where unconditional love reigns. 

4 comments:

  1. Oh, where did you get that picture? It's precious. Is Mum going to bring home one of the puppies for you?

    Satch & 'Drew

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mum had this photo from a greeting card which read "Sending positive thoughts your way" or something like that... thought it was a very pretty Landseer puppy. No, Mum said we couldn't get another puppy for awhile, I certainly don't see why not, I would help take care of it. Why, are you guys getting another puppy?

    Hummer

    ReplyDelete
  3. Welcome to Newf blogging. My 2lggd mom will be reading your blog to me regularly.

    Bubba the Cub

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is sooo cute! I'm thinking a brother would be a perfect thing. Come on mum, just think of the fun!!!!
    I'm trying to convince my mum and dad as well Hummer, I'll let you know if I get anywhere....
    Giz

    ReplyDelete