Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Responsibility of Heritage

This is my Sire, Ch Sadie Cymryd Nana At Y Pen, or "Gaia". The AKC registered name is Celtic language meaning "Sadie take Nana to the Top", referring to kennel names and taking them to the top of the Breed rankings. Gaia, or the Scottish Gaidheil, means "Highlander". Gaia is a magnificent Newfoundland who stands at 32 inches at the withers and weighs near 160 lbs. He won several shows in 2006 with numerous Best of Breed and Group wins as well as Best in Specialty Show. In 2007 he won Best Veteran and Stud Dog at the Northern California Newfoundland Specialty. I am similar to my Sire but nowhere near as grand in show experience. I aspire to be just like him and am becoming like him in at least size as I stand 32 inches at the withers. I am headed for the NCA Specialty in Southern California this next weekend and will start a serious show schedule by the end of March. I have much competition in the ring with other Karazan Champions including Ch Karazan Meet The Press (Preston) and Ch Karazan I'm No Angel'ina Jolie (Jolie) who compete often between Best of Breed and Best Opposite Sex. Jolie, my litter sister, is really beautiful and I will discuss her in another blog, but she and Preston are very high in the rankings for Newfoundlands. I have a responsibility as a Karazan Dog and as the offspring of Gaia, to do well at the shows. Both Preston and Jolie have competed with National and Westminster Winners and have won on numerous occasions. I have much to work to do towards winning these prestigious titles. One of my greatest assets is my youth and hope that maturity will be on my side. Gaia is our high standard and inspiration and I can only hope to meet the challenge before me. Long live The Highlander!!!

1 comment:

  1. Hummer -

    You are one gib, young, beautiful boy and no doubt will be your daddy and more. We hope you guys have a great time in San Diego and know you'll bring home the gold. Hope you survive grandma and grandpa!!!!!!

    Satch & Drool

    ReplyDelete